Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Becoming a Millionair Doesn't just Happen

    Throughout my whole life, I have worked very hard to do the best in school and get the best possible grades I can. During elementary school, I always was a top student and excelled in everything, but my good grades weren’t really rewarded. It wasn’t until sixth grade in middle school when I was greatly rewarded for my hard work.
    It was the first year of middle school, but also the hardest one that I had ever gone through. I was given so much work to do. Some nights, I got home at 3:00 PM, and worked until around 10:00 PM. That is seven hours of homework! Every day was the same drill; coming home, doing homework, going to activities, eating dinner, finishing homework, and then going to bed. At school, I worked even harder to get 100% on every assignment (Sometimes I didn’t though, but not everyone is perfect). All year, I did the best that I could do, and finally, at the end of the year, honor roll came around.
     At my school, we have an awards ceremony called honor roll. To go to honor roll, you have to be specially invited through a letter. At the end of April, all of my friends and a bunch of other kids were receiving these letters, inviting them to go to honor roll. It was getting nearer and nearer to the ceremony, and I still hadn't gotten a letter. I finally decided that I wasn’t going to receive a letter, so I carried on without the hope of going to honor roll.

    Then it came. A small letter, sure, but it was here. A couple days later, I went to honor roll and received a paper saying that I received a 4.0 GPA (or an A in every class). Plus, a coupon for a bunch of free things was also included in the reward. My parents were so proud of me, and I finally had something to show off all of my hard work.
    Sixth grade was the first grade where I actually received a reward for my continual hard work. Sure, I did receive rewards that year from my individual teachers, but this one was the most important. For once, I finally felt like people were seeing and recognizing me for everything I did in school. I really I felt like I belonged.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment